PROPGUIDE − A Complete Property Guide
#happyhome

#RealtyNewsRoundup: GST To Roll Out From July 1 [Video]

Loading video...

Description

Realty News Roundup is PropGuide’s selection of the day’s top stories from the real estate sector.

India will roll out the goods and services tax (GST) from July 1 following a breakthrough over tax administration issues after the Centre accommodated states' concerns. Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said under the proposed tax regime, 90 per cent of all assessees with a turnover of Rs 1.5 crore or less will be assessed for scrutiny and audit by state authorities while the remaining 10 per cent by the Centre. Above that limit, Centre and states will assess in a 50:50 ratio.

After the government announced an interest subsidy under the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojna, realty firm Signature Global will invest Rs 500 crore to develop two affordable housing projects in Gurgaon. The company launched two affordable housing projects comprising 2,405 units in a price range of Rs 18-24 lakh recently.

The Ministry of Civil Aviation has given the security clearance to billionaire Prem Watsa's proposed investment in the GVK-led Bangalore International Airport (BIAL). India-born Watsa's Toronto-based Fairfax Group had in March last year, announced its decision to buy a 33 per cent stake in BIAL from GVK Group for Rs 2,149 crore. GVK had said the sale was one of its fund-raising steps to reduce debt.

Karnataka is planning to adopt the Gujarat town-planning model to solve the problem of escalating land cost, in addition to easing the land acquisition process. Under the Gujarat model, land that belongs to different owners is pooled together by the local development authority, before developing layouts or townships. The sites are subsequently redistributed among the owners. The plan is that the local authorities would retain at least 10 per cent of the developed land for revenue generation.

Source: Media reports

Tags: Bangalore, Karnataka, Video, Bengaluru, GST


#RealtyNewsRoundup: SC Puts Karnataka Govt’s Akarma-Sakrama Scheme On Hold [Video]

Here are today's top news stories from the real estate sector.

January 16 2017

+ Click Here To Read This Article

#RealtyNewsRoundup: Navi Mumbai Airport To Take Off Next Month

Here are today's top news stories from the real estate sector.

September 22 2016

+ Click Here To Read This Article

How Karnataka's Single-Window System To Approve Building Plans Could Be Beneficial

Karnataka may have a single-window system for approving building plans for middle-class home buyers. PropGuide on how this could be a boon for both developers as well as home buyers.

August 24 2016

+ Click Here To Read This Article

#RealtyNewsRoundup: DDA To Launch New Housing Scheme On June 30; Over 12,000 Flats Up For Grabs

Here are today’s top stories from the real estate sector.

June 28 2017

+ Click Here To Read This Article

Top 5 Upcoming Integrated Townships In Bengaluru

A number of developers have come up with township projects in different parts of Bengaluru. PropGuide takes a tour of the four best townships in the city.

June 28 2017

+ Click Here To Read This Article

#RealtyNewsRoundup: External Firemen Lifts Now Mandatory In Mumbai Highrises

Here are today’s top stories from the real estate sector.

June 20 2017

+ Click Here To Read This Article

#WeeklyNewsRoundup: Govt Slashes GST Rates On 66 Goods And Services

Here are the week’s top stories from the real estate sector.

June 17 2017

+ Click Here To Read This Article

#RealtyNewsRoundup: Haryana Pushes Green Agenda Through Tweak In Building Rules

Here are today’s top stories from the real estate sector.

June 16 2017

+ Click Here To Read This Article

Here are the week's top news stories from the real estate sector.

Here are the day's top news stories from the real estate sector.

It is not only the space cruch that has made the concept of compact homes popular. There are...

Kolkata stood at the 16th position in Mercer’s cost of living survey.

Service tax is payable only on property purchase directly from developers and is not required in...

The Goods And Services Taxes has clearned a proposal to charge a cess of 15 per cent on luxury cars...

A look at five premium localities in India’s information technology capital, Bengaluru.

Noida offers a perfect blend of residential apartment societies, luxury villas and commercial...

A building code is a set of norms that govern construction of buildings by stipulating minimum...

PropGuide simplifies complex real estate jargons for you.

Prime lending rate is the interest rate at which banks lend to its most credit worthy...

Proptiger has released it's quarterly review report on India's real estate sector. Ankur Dhawan,...

Subscribe Now

To stay tuned with real estate updates

Pick:

x +

Drop Your Query Here


Top