SRK's Mannat: A Pleasure Dome That Takes You On A World Tour
While we have talked Shahrukh Khan's home in Dubai, which is named Jannat, it's time to talk about his most celebrated home, Mannat. Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan's Mumbai mansion, Mannat, is one of India's most talked-about homes, especially because of its beautiful interiors and lavish décor.
With collectables from different countries across the globe, the interiors of Mannat seem to take you on a world tour. The Shah Rukh Khan home is furnished with artificial flowers from Germany, vases imported from Italy and music systems from Japan. Adding to the appeal of the house, the living room is adorned with the charcoal painting of a horse by the celebrated artist M F Hussain.
Shah Rukh Khan's dream home in Mumbai is located at Bandstand, Bandra (West). The bungalow, which the Bollywood superstar had purchased from the Bai Khorshed Bhanu Sanjana Trust in 2001, was remodelled and turned into a beautiful six-storey sea-facing building. The property is build spread across an area of 2,446 sqm and was bought on a lease for Rs 13.32 crore. After this the actor had been paying a minimal rent of Rs 2,325 per year. But recently, after the Maharashtra state government revised the land lease rates in Mumbai and the suburbs, the rental has gone up to as much as Rs 19 lakh a year, or an one-time occupancy fees of Rs 8.3 crore.
Talking about its architecture, the use of white marble on the outside gives Mannat a royal look, the windows have bulletproof French glass. The house is mainly divided into three levels. The first is the living room, where you find collectables, including some of the best paintings by contemporary artists. The second comprises the guest rooms and bedrooms. And the third level is meant for entertainment and parties.
PropGuide lists some of the best features of the Shahrukh Khan home:
- Paint: The interiors of the bungalow are painted in creamy white colour with a touch of silver and black.
- Interiors: The inside has arches and pillars, giving Mannat a palace-like look. It also adorns neo-classical elements that make this home modern and stylish, with a hint of vintage.
- Ceiling: The ceiling of the house is painted with designs of vines and other floral patterns.
- Furniture: With a design of vines painted over them using a golden shade, the furniture matches well with the interiors of the house.
- Lighting: The bungalow, which has various forms of lighting, also boasts some of the most attractive candle holders and chandeliers made of crystal.
- Dining table: Made of wood and metal, the dining table has 12 seating chairs and a chandelier above it. Along with that, there are palm plants used as the centre embellishment.
- Terrace: With a beautiful view of sea, the terrace is used well of Shah Rukh Khan's grand parties.