6 Reasons Why Olympic Medalist Sakshi Malik's Rohtak Is An Upcoming Real Estate Market
Wrestler Sakshi Malik has bagged India its first medal at the Rio Olympics 2016 and the entire country is overjoyed. When Malik on August 18 beat Kyrgyzstan's Aisuluu Tynybekova 8-5 in an exciting contest to claim a Bronze in women's freestyle 58 kg event, she also became only the fourth Indian woman to win an Olympic medal – before her, only Karnam Malleshwari, Mary Kom and Saina Nehwal had done so.
Malik is suddenly in the middle of awards galore, and the focus has squarely fallen on her house in Rohtak, an upcoming Haryana real estate centre near Delhi where her family watched the bout on a television set and danced in joy as she beat her opponent. While the Haryana state government has announced a government job and a cash prize of Rs 3.5 crore for Malik, the 23-year-old wrestler is also set to receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India's highest honour for achievement in sports.
Sakshi Malik has made India proud, and so has her hometown of Rohtak. While the former has done it with her achievements, the latter has done so by producing the achiever in her. While Malik is a champion in the rings, Rohtak is a champion in the real estate market; the upcoming town has in recent years drawn a lot of interest from home buyers. And it has enough reasons to be viewed as a place to live in.
- New sectors: Recently, Rohtak became one of the 15 urban areas selected by the Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda) to launch new sectors in. With 456 plots, Rohtak is among the top four areas that will get the highest number of plots. Huda aims to earn up to Rs 3,000 crore by selling plots in these new sectors.
- Proximity to the capital: Rohtak, located strategically in a part of Haryana that enjoys proximity to the national capital, is only 77 km Delhi and can be reached in less than two hours by road. This makes Rohtak a great option for Delhiites looking to invest in a second home or park their money in real estate for handsome returns in future.
- Infrastructure: Rohtak has witnessed a strong infrastructural development, both civic and social, in the past five years. New roads have been laid for an easy access to the national highways, especially NH-10. The city has also witnessed a huge boost is education, with the coming of many schools and higher education colleges. Besides, Rohtak also houses the Rajiv Gandhi Sports Complex, which has world-class sports facilities to the city's residents. It is also a flourishing retail sector, with multiplexes and various organised brands present here. A lot of industries have come up, too.
- Connectivity: One the biggest advantages of Rohtak is its strong connectivity to the national capital, the state capital of Chandigarh and other key cities of Haryana. It has wide roads that connect it to NH-10 (Delhi to Fazilka, Punjab), NH-71 (Rewari, Haryana to Jalandhar, Punjab), and NH-71A (Rohtak to Panipat). It also has its own railway station which is a junction with connections to Delhi, Panipat, Rewari, Bhiwani and Jind. It is also a stoppage station for many important trains.
- Range of properties: The people interested in buying real estate in Rohtak are in for a treat. Why? Because the city hosts a wide variety of properties. If you are looking for a vacant plot, land area, a constructed bungalow or even a 2-3-BHK flat in Rohtak, you could find them all here. Rohtak doesn't disappoint people who want to invest in this affordable market when compared to Delhi and the national capital region.
- Livability: For those planning to live in Rohtak, the city is a perfect mix of urban and old-world charm. While it has everything one could ask for in an emerging urban set-up, one could also enjoy the huge agricultural spreads that bring you close to nature.