Common Vastu Remedies For Defects In Your Kitchen
As mystifying as they may seem, following a few simple but effective Vastu remedies and tips can go a long way in ensuring that your kitchen is free of all Vastu defects. Vaastu helps to balance positive energy in your kitchen and promote a sense of well-being within the household. After all, the kitchen is the heart and health of your home!
These are a few common Vaastu defects that every individual must avoid while planning their kitchen, according to Vastu shastra:
- Placing the kitchen above or below a toilet or bed room is one of the most severe Vaastu defects. Also, the prayer room should not be above the kitchen sink or stove as it brings bad luck and drains wealth.
- The kitchen and toilet should not share a common wall. Both these Vastu defects have a direct bearing on the health of the occupants.
- The kitchen should never be situated in the North East or North as this adversely affects one's career.
- The kitchen should not face the main door of the house.
- The kitchen and bathroom door should not be opposite to each other.
According to Vaastu, the kitchen should be located in the South-Eastern part of the house (Photo credit: idiva.com)
Here we have discussed few easy to adapt Vaastu remedies for your kitchen. Read on, and bring the inflow of positive energies to your home:
1. Kitchen Direction: As per Vaastu Shastra, south-east is the ideal kitchen direction for every household. Southern or eastern directions are secondary choices. It is also suggested that the cook should face the east or north direction while cooking food in the kitchen.
2. Position of the kitchen door:According to Vaastu guidelines,north, north east or east direction in a clockwise manner considered as the perfect position for the opening of the kitchen door. However, at the time of cooking, the door should not face the back of the cook.
3. Placement of food: Don't store heavy stuff like grains and dry raw materials in the north east corner. It would be best to store in the southern and western directions of the kitchen area.
4. Color: Colors play a vital role in Vastu Shastra. Kitchen being a warm place should have warm color shades like orange, yellow and hues of brown. There should be no blue as it represents water which is an anti-fire element. Green, however, can be used to fix Vaastu defects, if required.
5. Dining location: If your dining table is within the kitchen premises then it should not be placed in the center of the kitchen area. Place it in the north-west direction.
6. Positioning of Gas and electrical appliances: Place your cooking stove in the south east corner of your kitchen. In addition to gas, all electrical appliances should be placed in the south-east direction.
Watch this video for noted astrologer and Vastu expert P Khurrana's tips to remedy the adverse effects of Vastu defects in your kitchen.
If you have any other kitchen Vaastu defects or remedies in your mind, do share with us.