Flats for Sale: 12 Ways to Woo Homebuyers
In today's world, potential homebuyers are constantly bombarded with options, one better than the other. When it comes to property for sale in India, even the residential real estate market is not far behind in this competition. It is a buyer's market, with the sellers willing to offer the best cut of prime estate. This applies to new apartments in India too. Nevertheless, you can easily turn the tables with these 12 fantastic ways to make a lasting impression on homebuyers.
1. Choose the right agent: The first step would be to make sure that you got the right man for the job. A good real estate agent is an experienced veteran who dispenses valuable advice on staging the home to show its best side.
2. Get the right angle: Most homebuyers are tech-savvy and tend to save up on home viewing by looking it up online. It is imperative that you hire a professional photographer well versed with the demands of the real estate market.
3. Set the stage: To every homeowner, his or her home looks lovely just the way it is. However, an expert staging professional can look at it through fresh eyes and maximize the strengths that you may have been downplaying.
4. The other point of view – It is important that you as a seller consider staging as an investment rather than a cost. While adding to the visual appeal of the place, a staged room can actually give the illusion of being bigger, more spacious and brighter than it actually is!
5. Start from the start – The first impression of the place is actually made before the buyer set's foot inside the home! Get your entrance all spruced up to give a welcoming feel. Right lighting and potted plants add to the appeal.
6. Trim the fat: Everyone has that favourite chair or rug that has seen better days but you're too attached to part with it. Well, you have two options – hide it or sell it!
7. Hide the ugly: Some things can be easily fixed by adding a slight twist to it. If your bathtub is old and hideous, soften the effect with white linen and white shower curtains. Accentuate the room with a bright bedspread if you have dark furniture. White works well for photos.
8. Clean and clear: It goes without saying that the place must positively sparkle before opening its doors to buyers. A professional cleaning service can actually unearth hidden treasures beneath all those layers of dust!
9. Tie up the loose ends: Leaky faucets, “winking” lights and peeling off paint is definitely not attractive to anyone. Get them fixed before they are detected!
10. Take a step back: Everyone loves the clutter that they accumulate over the years. It defines who they are and allows them to own the space they live in. However, a thumb rule for showing flats for sale is that at least 50% of the clutter has to go!
11. Creating hotspots: It is a well-known fact that most buyers will want to see the kitchen and the bathrooms in specific. It would be a good idea to stage these areas in the right light. Keep the kitchen counters and floor clean and clutter-free. Decorating with an artsy piece is a good idea. Give a facelift to the old cabinets, handles, and knobs. The shelves should look spacious but not overcrowded with items. The bathroom should be clean, mould-free and without your array of cosmetics on display! You can add a little life by placing a bright non-skid mat or setting out fluffy white towels. Don't forget to put out a new soap in the soap dish!
12. Pick the right accessories: Clean, accessorized model homes tend to sell faster than the regular plain Janes. Throw some colorful cushions on the bed or the couch to give it a more live-in effect. Bright yet understated curtains can add to the appeal. Carefully placed rugs give the illusion of space and warmth.
Experts advise staging a resale apartment in India so that potential buyers feel like just dropping their bags and moving in. It is a known fact that staged homes create a better impression on potential buyers, but Indian sellers are yet to jump on the bandwagon.