Step by step Guide to filing MCD Property Tax online [Photo Essay]
Are you property owner in the national capital Delhi? Want to file your property tax? Here are some simple steps to help you sail through the filing of MCD property tax online.
Here is a complete step by step process of filling MCD Property Tax Online:
Step 1 - Go to MCD website:
Go to the homepage of the website of trifurcated Municipal Corporation of Delhi and choose your municipal corporation.
Step 2 - Click On Online Filing:
Click on “Online Filing of Property Tax Returns” under “Property Tax” and accept the terms and condition after reading them thoroughly and then click on “ Click here to file property tax”
Step 3 - Enter Property ID:
Enter you Property ID in the given box. If your property ID has not been allocated earlier, click the button at the bottom saying “Click here to file your return if property ID has not been allotted earlier.”
Step 4 – Update your property details:
A) Give Ownership Details
1) Ledger Folio Number - Every assessed property is given a Ledger Folio Number
2) Type Of Ownership - Select the type of ownership of your property. For instance, is it owned by a single person, jointly, or is it a company or a trust?
3) Type Of Property - Select the type of your property. For instance, is it a residential DDA flat or agricultural property
B) Give Property Details
1) Housing Colony - Enter the housing colony you belong to. Is it residential colony A or H?
2) Property Number - Enter the property/house No. Mention the block, pocket or sub colony too. For example, Block 4/24
3) Enter Address - Enter your complete address
C) Provide Contact Details
1) Phone Number - Enter your phone number and other contact and bank details as shown
D) Give Building Details and Tax Calculations
1) Floor Number - Select your floor number. For instance, is it on the first floor or the third?
2) Covered Area - Enter the covered area of the house, in square meters. Covered area is the actual area under the roof
3) Purpose Or Use - Select the use factor. For instance, residential property has a use factor of 1, and Hotels of 3 star or above have a use factor of 10
4) Structure - Select the structure factor. Is your house Pucca, Semi Pucca or Kutcha?
5) Occupancy - Select the occupancy factor. Is your house self-occupied or tenanted? Twice the property tax will apply for tenanted properties
6) Year Of Construction - Choose the year of construction. When was your house built? For example, was it between the Financial Year 1990-1991 to the Financial Year 1999-2000
7) Exemption Category - Choose the exemption category. If you are eligible for exemption, choose the category. For instance, if your property if agricultural or a place of worship, you are eligible for exemption.
E) Previous Arrears - Enter previous arrears if any
F) Accept & Submit - Accept the declaration and submit the form.