Top 5 Modular Kitchen Designs for your Home
Now that we have decoded the modular kitchen, are you planning to convert your old traditional kitchen to modular? Confused about which is the best modular kitchen design for you?
PropTiger.com gives you tips to discover the best modular kitchen design suited to you:
L, U, P, I - a new language:
L-shaped kitchens: The L-shaped kitchen design utilizes two adjoining walls and offers the most flexibility. It is suited to both large and small kitchen spaces. Variations available in this design make it an easy fit, whether your kitchen is modern or traditional.
U- shaped kitchens: U shaped kitchens are known for their spaciousness and capitalizes on keeping everything within easy reach. These kitchens are best for storage as it can lodge the most utility items and offers maximum counter top space.
Parallel kitchens: The parallel modular kitchen is similar to the passageway kitchen design. This is mainly for large kitchen spaces as it takes advantage of the longer walls. The layout ensures maximum space utilization without compromising on the convenience of cooking.
Island kitchens: An island shaped kitchen is best suited for homes that have a large, independent kitchen space. It comprises of a central tabletop with a base cabinet, chimney, wall cabinet, hobs, sinks and kitchen baskets arranged around it. It acts as an extension to the existing kitchen cabinets and offers great storage solutions.
Customised kitchens: If your prime focus is on personalization, the ideal solution for you is to customize your modular kitchen. Once you are aware of the basics of the modular kitchen, you can assemble your own unit from the independent modules. Unlike other kitchen designs, these are charged higher; but considering that the design and convenience is entirely on your terms, this might just be the right decision.
Things to Remember
1. Fix your budget: You can find small-budget kitchens in the market that do no compromise on functionality and high-budget kitchens that adds glamour to your kitchen.
2. Careful Planning: Careful planning makes your kitchen more organized and beautiful. Your planning should include:
- Measurement: The first basic step is to measure the dimensions of your kitchen.
Countertop Material: Currently, market is flooded with a variety of countertop materials like granite, stainless steel, wood, black limestone and quartz.
3. Flooring: Make sure that the flooring is scratch proof, stain proof and easy to clean.
4. Appliances: Always choose good appliances that suit your needs. Most common appliances in the modular kitchen are dishwasher, chimney and microwave
5. Browsing Layouts and Designs: Browsing through different online portals can help you as they are updated with the latest layouts and designs
6. Lighting: There should be healthy balance between natural and artificial light in order to make your kitchen look more spacious.
7. Brand Selection: The famous modular kitchen brands available in the market are Godrej, Zuari Furniture, Del Tongo, Home Town, Sleek, Magpie Kitchens, Evok by Hindware, etc.